Saturday, March 28, 2009

A little Saturday baking



Got bitten by the baking bug this morning, which is probably better than many other bugs.


So now we have our very own homemade Hot Cross Buns (minus the X - haven't put that on yet) and a prize winning Banana Loaf.
The Banana Loaf proves that living on the top of the fridge for weeks doesn't necessarily mean you don't still have value :O)


Mom's tip of the day: I did read that you can freeze the ugly black bananas (just put em in a baggie skin and all) until you've gathered enough to make goodies. So you'll end up with a bunch of frozen black bananas to throw out... but it saves your fridge top!


1 comment:

Christa said...

You have seen my freezer! - about once every couple of months I have a bunch of black bananas to toss :).. I put them in there and forget about them...

The baking looks delish! and holy moly those tomato plants look like they are growing well.